Responsibilities: The Kitchen Manager will:
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel
- Supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities
- Estimate food consumption and requisition
- Purchase food
- Manage labor
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance
- Offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques
- Directly supervise kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, Performance reviews and initiating pay increases
Special qualifications: The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services. Ecological awareness, education and experience is essential to success in this role.
Experience: Previous experience with controlling food and labor cost, Premise and liability accountability is desirable.
Core competencies: Leadership, Management, Planning.
Experience: High school diploma/GED preferred, 2+ years’ experience in an kitchen leadership role, demonstrated knowledge of current restaurant industry trends, must possess strong knowledge of local, state and federal food sanitation regulations. Needs to be comfortable in providing direction and supervision to kitchen staff.